Wednesday, February 17, 2010

FEAR!!!

So, when I was a child--or to put it in the boy's vernacular, a littleun--I was quite afeared of being kidnapped. I had this reoccurring dream where men in masks broke into the house and swept me up in a black canvas bag, threw me over a shoulder, and ran out of the house. I can still vividly picture the flashing lights from the police cars arriving just a moment too late. Once I was sucessfully out of the house, the faceless men would hold me in a dungeon while waiting for the ransom money. While I don't quite know now why these men didn't attempt to rob us in the first place, the event seemed perfectly plausible at the time. So instead of questioning rationale, I would lie under my covers at night and try to make myself as thin as possible so the crazies wouldn't be able to see the form of a person and just go away thinking the bed was empty.

6 comments:

  1. Ha Ha I used to do this too when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats a cool dream. I usually have happy dreams that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :) Hope the whole concept of dreaming has gotten better for you as you've become older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was scared of this too. I like the line about trying to make yourself as thin as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! This reminds me of me whan I wal little. In fact at times I admittingly still try to make myself as thin as possible while I'm under my cover. Nice description!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha very nice fellow Val. I could see you doing that :D DO you still have dreams like this? cause that would be a little sad :(. Poor Val...
    ~The First Val :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Val I was so opposite of you! When i was little I loved talking to people and so i guess I never really worried about people coming in to my home. Although I was a very shy child people never struck me as bad and i was never scared of them. Also, I hope your scary sounding dream didn't scare you to much.

    ReplyDelete